Thursday, July 06, 2006

Scheduling

I hate last minute things, especially trying to find teachers at the last minute, so I've tried to plan through the beginning of October (really I'd like to plan through December) and plug in teachers. Problem is that the teachers say, "Oh, yeah, that time should work, but if something comes up, I'll just call you and cancel." So then I've got them on the schedule, and they cancel the day before.

For example, before I started, the prior director scheduled people for the summer so that I wouldn't have to worry about it. The only problem is that people are calling left and right and cancelling. Actually, no, that's not true. I am calling to remind them that they are teaching, and they cancel then.

The other weird thing is that I planned a teacher tea for August to honor them for commiting to teach, and they aren't even sure if they feel like going to that. What is with these people? REally, what is with the world. I feel like the world has no commitment to anything anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have had very poor turnout to teacher training meetings the last four or five years. I feel that when people came they did not feel it was of value and was a waste of valuable time. I hope we can change this mind set soon and get families excited about helping. I think when they see exciting things happening for our children they will start seeing value in volunteering. Don't get too frustrated because I know it will change it will just take some time. Also people are being pulled to volunteer tons at school and everywhere else and that is what we are competing against. I just hope that we can show families that church is the most important activity for their children and will start seeing value in helping and committing to the children and the future of CLPC.