Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Seeking ideas

Any ideas for the following?

  • All church retreats? (ideas, activities, unique ways to include kids in worship?)
  • curriculum or other creative ideas for teaching the Parables? (we're doing a weekend series for adults, and I'd like to have a kid component)
  • starting a kids' worship team (ideas, suggestions, etc.)
  • ideas for teaching kids about how to be leaders in all areas of worship
  • ideas for incorporating more technology--we use computers in SS as teaching tools, but I'm thinking more along the lines of having something they can log into from home (e.g. a Sunday School blog or message board; a component of the website that's interactive, etc.).
  • parents--getting parents more involved at church AND at home, reinforcing what's learned in SS

How's that for a list?

5 comments:

margieh said...

It's a great list! What challenging, creative, and exciting opportunities!

You might want activities that spiral with very simple concrete components for the youngest kids adding varying amount of detail, depth, academic or small motor components for the different age groups.

It would be interesting to share the parables as multi-sensory stories and let kids make observations without telling them what the parables are "supposed" to mean.

The interactive website component sounds very cool maybe you can even use it to draw parents in.

CLPC Kids said...

I like the multisensory parable idea! That will be fun to plan!

Anonymous said...

I might be able to help you with the blogging part of this. We have curriculum with questions that are posted in blog format for youth to read and respond to. They are youth- level questions mostly, but I check the comments on these blogs everyday via rss feed and act as the kind of facilitator to help the discussions move along. the urls are at www.thelogosministry.org/default.aspx?name=LL_login
Scroll down the the part that says "Youth blogs".

I would love to see some new faces discuss these questions. I hope this helps.
-John

CLPC Kids said...

Interesting, and I will pass the link on to our youth director.

Louisa Claire said...

As I've said elsewhere I'm very new to all of this but this is what I've started on the parent front:

www.faithtogether.blogspot.com

and when I say I've just started it - I mean, I started it today!!