Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Well, here goes

I started this blog to document what's going on in CM at our church. Last weekend, I went to a workshop in La Porte, and several people said that they wished there was some sort of networking available in the Houston area for people in CM. I figure that this is a first step.

For those of you new to blogging, you will need to know a few housekeeping rules. First of all, remember that anything posted on the blog is public knowledge, so monitor your responses accordingly. Secondly, you'll need to know how to comment. Basically, you'll just click on the comment link under any post (this is a post, btw) and then type in your comment. You'll then need to put in your blog information if you have one or just type in your name or click anonymous. Finally, you'll need to type in a word verification. This verification just keeps my blog from getting spammed, as there are a lot of horrible people out there who love to ruin good things. If you have a blog or want to start one, I suggest clicking on the word verification feature to save yourself much grief.

What is a blog? Well, it's short for weblog, an online journal basically. I plan to use this to keep track of everything I've done for the year for my own purposes and to bounce ideas off of people who live here in Houston and far far away (Hi, Lynn!). Think it's a good idea? Let me know. Comment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
Great Idea!! Keep up the work and now that it is summer, I am missing the Super Sloppy Summer!!!!

By the by, I am still thinking of that "Village" idea..... Let me tell you, it is first and foremost in my thoughts now days and all the time there seems to be someone making a statement and I think "Hey, what a great idea for the” Village"."


Have a blessed day and May God shine His blessings on you!

<><

CLPC Kids said...

I am missing SSS, too, but I'm thinking about making it Super Sloppy Saturdays and continue it on warm days in the fall (lots of warm days here).

I was just talking about you yesterday because we have an opening here at the church for a director of the afterschool program, and you would be perfect! The job is only part time (full time in the summer) though. I'm trying to get them to switch it to full time, but I'm the new kid on the block.

Want to move to Texas?

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! TEXAS??

Yikes, I just got my house unpacked from the last time I thoguht I was going to move.

I do MISS working with kids at the church......

SSS (Saturday) sounds like a great idea!