Thursday, October 26, 2006

Can't wait!


Tomorrow is the FNF, and I am psyched. To the left is a picture of one of the sets--the empty tomb. Of course, tomorrow it will be dark and the tomb itself will be backlit, making the "rocks" appear more realistic.

I'm actually quite calm now, which is good. We've planned all we can, and I'm now at the excited phase. Can't wait to see what God has in store.

Yesterday, the KidsInCers trick or treated for canned goods for a local food pantry. We gathered 3 wagons full of food, but the most amazing part was how the kids were able to minister to a couple of the local residents. One woman began crying, telling us about how she had just lost her husband. One of the kids, a usually rambunctious 4th grader, asked if we could pray for her, and the kids gathered round and prayed with the woman. It was amazing to see how these kids were touched by meeting and by praying with this woman, and I was just stunned, and still am, to see God work in their lives. It just reiterates what a fantastic ministry we have, and how much these preteens have grown in only a short while. Wow! I'm still speechless, as you can probably tell by the fact that I can't write well today.

2 comments:

Calvary Kids said...

I can't wait to hear how it goes! I hope you can enjoy every busy moment!

margieh said...

Very cool! The set, the story...all very cool!