Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm glad God knows what's going on!

So the Fear Not Festival was originally supposed to be an inhouse/invite your neighbors sort of thing. We planned for about 300. Everything was smooth. Everything was fine until...

word got out to the papers. The local churches (including the megachurch down the street) have quit doing festivals because they grow out of control. One medium sized church down the street had 1000 people. Now, I'm a bit worried.

I'm an organized person and a doer. If I see that something is not going well, I'll just jump in and do it. I have a vision, and I make it happen, whether I have hands to help or not. God's really been working on this with me and prompting me to delegate more, to equip his people to use their talents in service--to present the plan and stand back a little bit. I tried this and was pleased with the results. My team had great ideas. They were working together, making subteams and equipping other volunteers. Everything was perfect until...

word got out to the papers. Now that inner control freak in me is going a bit crazy. God keeps whispering, "Trust." And I'm trying, but how do I know if it will be 300 or 1000. What do I plan for?

Trust. Such a simple word and such a hard concept.

1 comment:

margieh said...

God blessing you above and beyond your expectations - what a great problem to have! :)