Friday, May 25, 2007

forever busy

Ok, sorry I've been gone for forever, but I just haven't had time to blog. I'm training for a marathon, and I'm busy planning summer programs and such.

Just finished the last KidsInC for the year and am planning Super Sloppy Summers. The tshirts came in last week, and they are awesome.

Today we decorated for CLPC zoo, and the tshirts came in for them, as well. I'm really excited about this program, and I think the kids will be, too. Also, I'm piloting a new curriculum for the preschoolers.

We've also got VBS underway (secretly, I hate VBS. I'd put it on a post secret postcard, but the public wouldn't care, I don't think, so I'll just say it here--I HATE VBS or at least what it has become), and so that's a time consumer, and then this weekend, we've got this ubercrazy Pentecost celebration going on, which is cool and multigenerational, but man, it is a lot of work.

And then we're constructing an underwater classroom for children's worship, which is a blast. My deco team is outstanding. I couldn't do my job without them.

Add to that some computer problems, and you see why I haven't blogged.

So can you tell I need a vacation? Yeah, I scheduled a little minibreak for New Orleans, but I'm hoping to get out to DC or to CA for at least a week in July. My year anniversary is June 1, and I haven't had a day off yet, other than my Mondays and an occasional holiday.

Anyway, I hope to be a more faithful blogger. Sorry about that.

3 comments:

Kellie Huffman said...

ok, you got me! What has VBS become that you hate so much?
sounds like you have a lot going on, a lot of good.

Anonymous said...

I can sympathasize. I hate VBS too. Maybe we can form a support group?!? Actually we're nixing it this year and doing something extreme in its place and I am catching major criticism from some people. Just wanted to let you know I feel your pain! Glad to have found your blog...

Trish Castillo said...

are you ministering, or are you "busy"? They are two different things. I can understand hating VBS if it's just one more chore thrown into "busy."