Wednesday, June 27, 2007

SSS Summer Picnic

Tonight's Super Sloppy Summers was picnic themed. We ate outside and then had a whipped cream pie eating contest where you had to find the cherry sour in a pie tin of whipped cream without using eyes or hands. We also played blanket volleyball with water balloons, which actually ended up being a very nice lesson in unity and cooperation because it was much more difficult than I thought it would be. We covered the parking lot in sidewalk chalk paint [I love the stuff]. And we played duck duck splash, which is like duck duck goose but with a splash ball--oh, and the mush pot was actually a giant rubbermaid container filled with instant mashed potatoes. That was awesome, and I am sure that you can guess what happened after we were done--mashed potato fight! I just found mashed potatoes near my armpit, actually.

Small group time involved discussing the feeding of the 5,000 and also what Jesus meant by the term bread of life.

So much fun, and parents are telling me that the kids countdown the days until the next one. That's cool to me.

1 comment:

Kellie Huffman said...

Here is a perfect example of why I like to read your blog. SSS sounds so cool. Is this something you made up? How often do you do it? Is it only in the summer? Have you already blogged about it and I forgot?

BTW, thanks for reading my blog AND commenting. It's nice to be reminded now and then that I'm not talking to the wall.